Thursday, July 23, 2009

What was that?

So I was riding bike on Tuesday and was right at 10.5 miles, finishing up. I decided to go around the block one time to cool down a little bit. As I turned I noticed a van backing out of their driveway. This is not out of the ordinary, vans back up all the time. So I slow down and pull in behind them. We are going about 10 MPH and the fumes weren't bad. I also noticed a parked truck on the left hand side about 20 yards ahead.

I'm now about 15 yards behind the van and something smacks me right in the mouth. I mean, scared the crap out of me. TWACK!! I jerked back but kept my hands on the handlebars, barely keeping myself from veering into the parked truck. My elbows popped as did my neck. Holy Crap that hurt (still does). I assumed something flew up from the van, maybe a piece of rubber. Thing it, it was stuck to my lips. HOLY CRAP. I used my left hand to grab this thing and felt it still moving. HOLY CRAP. Yes, a friendly little grasshopper decided it would take a free ride on my mouth to the end of the block. I understand, it was pretty warm at the time.

I threw the wicked beast onto the pavement and wanted to turn around and run it over. I did not so all you PETA people chill out (I like ducks). As far as I know it is still alive as I didn't hear or feel any cracking or popping when I grabbed or threw it.

So there's my little story for the day. Hope you get a laugh out of my near death experience.

No comments: