Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hurry up and Wait

Sitting in the network closet waiting for this install to finish. OMG. I guess if the database weren't ninety-seven-hundred-dozen megagigwatts it might go faster. So here are my latest thoughts:

Servers are incredible when you think it all comes down to zeroes and ones. For that matter, the Internet is even more incredible. I mean think of all the zeroes and ones that are flying through your computer as you read this. Now quaddoublefunction that number. What if there were only letters? Would IBM has chosen A's and B's or would they have gone outside the box and chosen L's and P's? I'd stick with X's and O's. Then we could say Vince Lombardi invented computers and Bud Grant invented the Internet.

Ducks are cool.

I will probably miss not having the Sunday paper but what the heck. Just saved $80 a year. Let's party!

Ever wonder why people imitate Andy Rooney? I mean really. If it weren't for that guy some people wouldn't have a career. And did you ever notice he has big eye brows? I mean really. Imitate somebody that means something to somebody. How about Barry? today's pick me up, two chicks in bikini's. On second thought that might be too easy.

Check out the poll I posted. Please triple fake vote even if you haven't seen any of them.

3 comments:

Mo said...

You left off the greatest HBO series.... Deadwood!!
:) Mo

Leon said...

NOT. It was good but just could not compare to the others. It was a toss up between that and Curb, chose the Curb...obviously.

Mo said...

I'm sorry, we are going to have to disagree. Deadwood rocks, and now that I've actually been to Deadwood, it's even better!!

:) Mo