Saturday, July 11, 2009

Skattershooting While Jogging

I've been biking and running for about 6 or 7 months now and have kept a log, sorta. I know I missed logging a few days in June but May should be pretty accurate. Here are the numbers:

May Biking: 93 miles
May Running: 18 miles
June Biking: 75.5 miles
June Running: 16.5 miles

So far this month I've got about 25 biking and about 9 running. Just need to keep it up as I'm shooting for 100 biking and 25 running. We're headed to CC for a few days and I hope I have the time and energy to go running on the beach. Sounds like fun.

So what runs through your head as you run through the neighborhood? I've got some doozies. Ever seen a sunrise that looks like the center of a Longhorn logo? Well it's pretty ugly. The moon was out this morning too and it appeared as though the sun was going to catch up to it.

By the time I reach the 1/2 mile mark I'm wondering if I'm going to make a mile. Then at the mile marker I'm feeling pretty good and thinking I'll go further today than last time. About a half mile from the house I'm thinking, "Please don't let me collapse in the neighbors yard. No way I'm going further than last time."

This morning I kept going as the last two jogs I've logged 5K or more. Since I get cooled down by all the sprinklers I figure I can go another 1/4 mile. I try to think of other things to divert my pain but I just can't. If I do, it's something negative and I push it out of my head as soon as possible. Well, after all that I completed another 3.2 miles this morning. I followed it up with edging and weed-eating in the front yard which completely drenched my shirt...again.

Please tell me your workout thoughts that keep you going. I'm counting on you to help me meet my monthly goals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My workout thoughts? lol

Joey