Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Two Cents

The schools closing for swine flue are strange. Yeah, hot sports opinion there. I guess only time will tell whether it's panic or not. I've heard lots of information but still am not sure of the difference. Can anyone enlighten me? Is it just that they don't have an antibiotic for this strand of the flu?

I wonder how much impact this leaves on the TAKS testing and since the UIL shut down the sports events, how much longer will the playoffs take after school is dismissed for the summer. I remember the state baseball playoffs going on after school was out back in the day.

Why does the rain sound, smell and look so good? I just love it. Don't get me wrong, I don't love it enough to move to Seattle. I don't like their sports teams except the Huskies. Cool mascot.

My weight fluctuated 11 lbs. in the last 24 hours. Went up 5 yesterday after my bike ride then when I weighed this morning I was down 6 from bedtime. Net gain/loss -1. It took just under 58 minutes to complete the 12 mile greenbelt. That's averaging about 12 mph. (Quick, huh). If I average 13 MPH, how long will it take. First correct answer gets a triple fake Internet prize.

No pictures today although it would be very easy to throw any of the following on the blog: 2 pennies, surgical mask, bicycle, scale, picture of Seattle, two deer. Saw two very large does on the greenbelt yesterday hauling ass. How many of you read that word right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny I saw two very large hoes hauling ass down Beltline.