Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Happenings


So I went organic with my gardening and lawn care a couple of years ago and it's not working all that well. I guess it's not that big of a deal since I was frustrated with chemical treatments not working either. I've used molasses, corn gluten, organic fertilizer, ant killer, and have an compost pile although it isn't kept up very well. I need to put out some more fertilizer since it's supposed to rain. Problem is, if we get too much rain too fast won't it just wash away? Hmm.

I also need to get the boat cover strapped down tight. It's on just not strapped down tight enough to allow the rain to flow off. It has a tendency to puddle up.

We were thinking of going to the Denton Arts and Jazz festival this afternoon but do we want to be victims similar to the May Fest crowd of about 10 years ago? One of the wife's co-workers son has a band that is playing and Brave Combo always ends the festival.

We also need to get one of the faster growing sons new shorts. Is it possible that we are shrinking his clothes? He is almost as tall as his mother now so my money is on another growth spurt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was actually the weekend after Zach was born. Remember, Ginny and Net were at the Love Field when the storm hit and they had to be moved to the interior of the airport.

On Zach, maybe I'm shrinking :)