Friday, April 10, 2009

Update? What Update?

  • Struck out on Tuesday, didn't get but a few bites. The two creeks we have fished in the past are pretty dried up. One is gone the other is about 2-3 ft deep and very difficult to get to. Trying to find a spawning area has been hard.
  • Had one good sized crappie at the boat today but he got off. Did land a very nice sand bass and gave it to a couple of guys at the ramp. We fished in several depths with jigs and minnows but the front last night and the 15-20 MPH winds really hurt our chances.
  • We will not lose all of our games in baseball this year. Came back to tie in the last inning and with the tie limit, final score was 14-14.
  • I might try my luck with the crappie again tomorrow evening if weather permits. Kinda want it to rain so it wouldn't break my heart if I didn't make it.
  • Side note, I've dropped 13.5 lbs since the beginning of the year. I think that's a good pace and hope I can keep it off. Let's try to have that number doubled that by the end of June.
  • Chandler has gotten on base every at bat this year (jinx). He's 3-3 with 4 walks. I owe him $3.00 for tonight, one hit and two RBI. Money well spent.
  • In two weeks the truck will be paid off. WOO-HOO!
  • Zach is building an MG-42 out of Legos and it looks pretty impressive. Maybe I'll post a picture. He's is also trying to get it in working order minus the bullets.

2 comments:

JDHTEACH said...

Great job on the loss of weight! Keep it going. I am laughing you pay your son for his performance in sporting events.

Denney Crane said...

They're jumpin in the boat at Lake Bridgeport...

Buddy caught a 2lb 3oz crappie today...I have seen only one over 2 lbs, and I've been fishing this lake for 40 years.