Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday thoughts

  • Just noticed I've got 100 posts.
  • Another DirecTv receiver fried this morning. Tech support was pretty good this time and not much hold time. It will take 2-3 for a replacement so I had to steal a different receiver from the boys. It's an older MP3 model so we only get like 7 HD channels. That really sucks. Local channels are not HD either. He gave me 3 months of Showtime and a $15 credit but that still doesn't make me happy. I hinted around at replacing the older receiver but he wasn't going for it.
  • As I swapped them I noticed a sticker on the bottom that said refurbished. Obviously we have replaced this one before. I think in the last 9 years I've replaced 4 or 5 because they were defective. Are other providers the same way?
  • I forgot all about My three words for the week. Looking back that was probably a stretch anyway. I'll think about new ones for the new year and post later.
  • Taking the boys to spend the night with grandpa tonight. They always get really jazzed about going but after a couple of hours they get bored and fizzle out. Perhaps they will have a greater appreciation for the games and other stuff we have invested in that can't be taken with them. If it weren't so cold and windy I'd take the football and baseball gloves.
  • Gas prices are steadily going back up. Do you think they'll get over $2.00 by spring break?
  • The dog is very "hold me" today. She does a strange shake when she does that. Like she's freezing. The groomer says she's doing the jig.
  • There's not a lot of interest in the football games this weekend. For the record I'm taking the cats, the big guys, the other big guys, and the thieves. Watch out for the black birds though.
  • Queensryche video on VH1 Classic. Hurry JDH!!!

No comments: