Sunday, January 18, 2009

Quote I like

"It's not how you get out of the storm but leaning how to dance in the rain" comic Robert Schimmel. And a clip from his blog (he's quite the potty mouth enter at your own extreme risk):

And by the way, if you really wanted to stop smoking, go on a diet, or start working out, why would you wait until New Year's Eve? Because it gives you time to come up with another excuse that justifies delaying what you've promised last year.

"Starting on the first, I'm going to stop smoking". Then when you cheat, it's "Well, my birthday isn't until the 16th, and that's when my year really begins". Then, it becomes "When I'm done with the pack, I'll quit." But you go somewhere and forget to bring your smokes, so you're forced to buy a new pack. Now you have two packs to finish before you have to quit. Then something stressful happens, and you need just one more to get you through it. But here's the good news. Now, you have until next January, before you have to make that promise.

No comments: