Saturday, December 6, 2008

Who's Your Favorite Band?

I'd love to post a poll here but there are literally millions of bands to choose as your favorite. Believe it or not, I know someone whose favorite is Led Zeppelin. Wow...shocking. Anyone that knows me knows I hate country and think the best thing to ever happen to the world is Wham. Before George was famous, OMG! Love those shorts, striped shirts, 80's hairdos. Wake me up before you go-go. OMG! Hmmm..Oops. I meant Rush, really. I recorded their R30 concert on Palladia the other night and since then have been listening to them quite frequently. If you've never heard Xanadu, The Trees, Cignus, Witch Hunt, Great stuff. Let me heard from you, post a comment on your faves. I will discount all Wham votes from the start.

5 comments:

JDHTEACH said...

Rush is DEFINATELY in my top 3. They are one of the bands that I could drive to California and listen to them the whole way.

My favorite band is Queensryche. I have every one of their albums and know all of their lyrics.

I started listening to them in the late 80's. Pull them up on You Tube. Anything off of the EMPIRE album I think you might like.

Bridge is a great song as well

JDHTEACH said...

What are your thoughts on Deff Leppard?

Mo said...

Top Bands for me would include: Van Halen (The David Lee Roth Years), INXS, U2, Aerosmith, Def Leppard and Metallica.

Anonymous said...

LOVE that song! At least no one can accuse Rush fans of just liking them for their looks.

Michael said...

That is an easy one for me... Dave Matthews Band. They are one heck of a collection of talented musicians. They lost one of their talented members, LeRoi Moore, this summer. He will certainly be missed, but is in a better place.

Runner up... South Austin Jug Band... I am dying inside because I learned recently that they are going their seperate ways. It is fun following a cool bunch of relatively local, talented guys.