Monday, May 11, 2009

Musin' on Monday

  • My blood pressure was up a little bit this afternoon, 137/87.  I've averaged things out over the last month and I should be around 125/74.  Still a little high but nothing like the reading I had at the Back institute.  160/120.
  • I've reached a plateau on weight loss and am looking for direction.  Should I run/bike further or decrease my time with current distances?  Eating less chocolate is not an option.
  • Ray Roberts is finally at the correct level.  Only took 14 inches of rain in 10 days.  I can't imagine the tree stumps I was barely missing two weeks ago being 4 foot under now.
  • The front and back yards still look like hell.  Not that I've been there (hell) but I've been close...Newark.
  • Too much attention spent on the ref's blown call in the Maverick game?  How about that wild ass shot Dirk took with less than a minute to play.  How about the 4 missed free throws in the last 2 minutes?  How about...oops almost looks like I care.  I don't really.
  • Speaking of Dirk, Boogie Nights overrated?
  • Planning a vacation can be a beating.
  • Live in the Now!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, Boogie Nights is overated

Anonymous said...

Boogie Nights is simply the greatest film ever made. Ever!!

And of course, it is! POW!! POW POW!!

Anonymous said...

Monday musin'

Weight Loss - Deploy to Iraq, Afhanistan, Kuwait or Qatar either in the military or as a contractor. Both must wear body armor and kevlar helmet while flying and when conditions warrant. You'll drop a few lbs every flight and if you have to work in the stuff, bonus!, even more. Also, transportation is minimal so walking from the tent to work and back is great for keeping fit and with the temps well into the 100's in the summer you're sure to exert yourself. Another benefit is that when you find yourself able to eat you're so worn out that you can barely lift a fork so calorie consumption goes way down. This regime is recommended in 4 to 6 month increments for the military and 1 to 10 years for contractors. Contractors in your area of expertise easily make over $150K of which the first $90K (as of 2009) is tax free. Military, not so much.