Thursday, August 21, 2008

How many times

must I tell people "yes, I'll take care of it"? The speaker today focused on taking care of yourself, telling people no, and not spending so much time at work. I am pretty consistent with my hours at work but the hours I put in at home taking care of people is starting to add up. Hopefully it will get better after the school year begins. I kept thinking about my staff and how much time they put in at home or off the clock. Am I creating an expectation that they should keep it up? Does your boss or my boss create the same expectation of us?

1 comment:

Mo said...

I need to do what the speaker told us... focus on me, say no, and not spend as much time at work... but it's hard....

Have you noticed the more you do and take care of, it almost seems the less you are appreciated and the more people continue to expect?