Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Update

  • Weigh in yesterday reflected a 27.5 lb reduction since January 4. Keep the faith, only 11.5 to go for my first goal
  • Running total for the week was only 11.8 miles but there were some time constraints. Long run was 4.8 miles and felt really good perhaps because it was a morning run at about 65 degrees.
  • Funeral sermon on Wed. had a very good correlation between George's life and seasons of the year. I'm sure the non Catholics agreed.
  • The grave site was about 50 yards from my mother's grave which made it difficult to contain my emotions. Think I did pretty well until I met up with my sister.
  • I need a new weed eater as I have two in the garage that don't work. One is about 15 years old and the other was given to me because she couldn't get it to work either. It worked fine for me for about 3 years but has met it's maker.
  • Last Sunday we took apart the both carbs on the boat, cleaned and put back together. Fired right up but when I took it out Wed. it kept smoking like crazy. It ran fine but we used a lot of WD-40 and it's going to take a while to get it all burned off/out of the motor.
  • Ever feel like you're in competition with a smart phone? Seems like every where I go it's more important to answer that text, play that game, check that web page. Can't we all just stop for an hour, event, day? I'd like a "cyber-free" day perhaps replacing Valentine's Day.

No comments: