Friday, March 18, 2011

Killing Time

  • Fantasy hockey is kicking my butt. Seven players were injured at the beginning of this scoring period and my team is in last this week (overall 3rd). I predict a finish in the middle of the pack, maybe 5th.
  • Longhorns play in about an hour. I'm hoping for epic failure.
  • Yesterday's run was about 4 miles and it was extremely windy. I was shocked to discover my time was faster than Tuesday.
  • Getting a birth certificate takes 4-6 weeks unless you pay an extra $20 to expedite. I wonder if they do that because of past bribes. Paying the extra speeds it up to 1-2 weeks. Business days only of course.
  • The wind is continuing to blow at 20-30 mph gusty. I have the boat ready but just can't take it out in these conditions. Safety before crappie.
  • Want a killer video game? Nazis team with dinosaurs?
  • The laundry room shelves are completed except for a coat of paint. I've lost my motivation and the boys make too big of a mess. Over/Under on completion: 1 month.
  • Biggest Facebook Security Risks?
  • Texted the boys to stop listening to The Ticket as they were talking to a girl about girl fantasies and the like. Sometimes I want to take away everything electronic from the kids including alarm clocks. They don't seem to work and the boys can't turn the off in the dark.
  • Weigh in yesterday results: down 26.5 lbs. since January 4. Went out last night and had a few green beers which bumped me back up a few.
  • I did not know: "A real macchiato has just a stain of milk foam and no sugar", yahoo.com. But it sure does taste good with the extra milk.

No comments: