Tuesday, February 2, 2010

January Totals


I had hoped to get 20 and 40 for the month but I didn't quite make it. That's 20 miles jogging and 40 miles biking. It was pretty cold this month so I didn't get on the bike as much, only 22 miles. That's a result from 3 bike trips. Ouch, that's go to improve. I don't recall how many times I went jogging but I did log 18.85 miles, almost there.

I hope to participate in a 5K this year so I've got to step it up. I usually jog 2.15 miles each time but occasionally bump it up to 2.5. Seems easier outside than on a treadmill even though you can set an even pace. Yesterday I jogged a mile and then walked for a bit before double timing it for 1/4 mile. I repeated this until I finished my 2.15 miles and it was a little challenging as my back was killing me.

Any tips on getting to the 5K threshold faster would be greatly appreciated. I wonder if changing my running path will be enough to get that extra mile. BTW, that's not me above, not even a body double.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way better than me :(